Exclusive discount for SATPE members
20% off PE resources from Hodder Gibson
> Textbook by Aaron Anderson
> Revision guide by John Millar and Janice Smith
Higher Physical Education
Perform to the very best of your ability in Higher PE as you master the theory and overcome the challenges of the exam.
This highly visual textbook contains dozens of diagrams that make it easier to understand and remember the content.
- Be guided through each area of the course. All the mandatory knowledge, skills and specification points are structured into a logical sequence for students and teachers
- Get to grips with the command words. Find out what each of the five command words is asking students to do and then use the strategies provided to answer questions across each area of the course
- Learn through practice. Enjoy an active approach to theory, applying and developing knowledge through lots of dynamic and varied tasks, rather than lots of reading
- Feel confident about the exam. Tips throughout the book explain how to answer questions effectively. End-of-chapter exam-style questions and two practice papers help students to revise and prepare for the exam
- Check understanding. Over 30 pages of detailed answers for all tasks, exam-style questions and practice papers are included at the back of the book, to support independent learning
The book concludes with a special chapter for teachers, which provides ideas for fun, interactive teaching strategies that are based on the latest pedagogical research into retrieval practice, cooperative learning and active learning.
The revision guide
Need to Know: Higher PE
What do students really need to know for the Higher PE exam?
This book covers the essentials in less than 100 pages, so it’s perfect for early exam preparation or last-minute revision.
- Find key content at your fingertips with quick summaries of the factors, concepts and terminology that students need to understand
- Get better grades in the exam with tips on exam technique, mistakes to avoid and important things to remember
- Revise and practise using end-of-topic questions and in-depth questions at the end of each section – with answers provided online
- Benefit from the knowledge of experienced examiners and teachers John Millar and Janice Smith
How to order
Use discount code WN0001939 to order on the Hodder Gibson website.