What is it?
The European School Sport Day (ESSD) is a school day dedicated to having fun, playing together and promoting physical activity and health for everyone.
Who is it for?
Primary & Secondary pupils across Europe.
Why do it?
Plenty of research shows that #Being active makes students healthier and better learners in the classroom. School spirit improves too with fun and inclusive team sports. Does your school have a sports day? Let’s organise one!
It is a celebration which provides the opportunity for schools to:
- Raise the profile of physical education (PE) and school sport
- Create fun and enjoyment through physical activity initiatives for young people
- Promote health and wellbeing for lifelong learning
- Foster social inclusion and develop social competences among their students.
How can I take part?
- Register Now – https://www.essd.eu/
- Click on the PowerPoint to see “Steps to Successful ESSD” (this is a step by step guide to support your planning) – SATPE – STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL ESSD 2023
- Click on “Suggested ESSD Ideas from SATPE (this will give video resources and ideas to inspire your planning) – https://www.satpe.co.uk/suggested-essd-ideas-from-satpe/
- Click on “Celebration of ESSD” (this will give you template certificates to use for your young people) – https://www.satpe.co.uk/celebration-of-essd/
- Contact – SATPE ESSD Coordinator (Jonny Penman) (ESSDCoordinator@satpe.co.uk or email@example.com)